top of page

Immigration Advice

Immigration advice is regulated. Immigration solicitors are regulated by the Law Society and the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) in solicitor firms or in legal advice charities. Immigration advisers – these are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). Immigration advisers can specialise in general immigration or in asylum and human rights law, or both.

National information and advice

Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association

To find out about solicitors who specialise in immigration work, you can search on the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association


Law Society

You can also search for a solicitor by location and subject by using the Law Society website at or the Ministry of Justice website at


Refugee Council

The Refugee Council provide practical support and advice to refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK.


Citizens Advice

General information on situations where immigration or nationality advice may be needed and details of organisations that can help.



General information about immigration queries on If you want to apply to become a British citizen there is information about this at

Redbridge Community Advice Network 

...your one stop shop for all advice services in Redbridge

bottom of page